Wine freezes

Dmitry Sokolov

Apr 15, 2002, 5:14:45 AM4/15/02
Wine freezes without any error messages when I start large applications,
though MSPaint, Wordpad, Notepad - OK

--
SY, Dmitry Sokolov

Tony Lambregts

Apr 15, 2002, 12:35:03 PM4/15/02

How much memory and swap space do you have? How fast is your processor?
Is it possible that its just taking longer than you expect? In the past
when I ran with only 32mb of ram some programs were unbearable due to
slowness. This was because my machine would be constantly swaping to
disk to be able to run the program.(Thrashing)

Tony Lambregts