[Wine] Question about uninstalling a Windows app (ACDSee)

Tom Williams

Jun 13, 2006, 1:12:45 AM6/13/06
Hi! I managed to get ACDSee 8.0 installed via wine 0.9.14 but it
doesn't run due to missing DLLs, like MFC71.DLL. There were other DLLs
it complained about missing that were part of the ACDSee installation
but since MFC71.DLL isn't there, no dice. :(

Anywho, I want to uninstall ACDSee such that the registry is properly
cleaned up, etc.

How do I go about doing this? I'm about to upgrade to wine 0.9.15.
Could I just blow away my ".wine" directory and let the wine 0.9.15
build rebuild the registry files, etc?

Thanks!

Peace...

Tom

Duane Clark

Jun 13, 2006, 11:55:50 AM6/13/06
Tom Williams wrote:
> Hi! I managed to get ACDSee 8.0 installed via wine 0.9.14 but it
> doesn't run due to missing DLLs, like MFC71.DLL. There were other DLLs
> it complained about missing that were part of the ACDSee installation
> but since MFC71.DLL isn't there, no dice. :(
>
> Anywho, I want to uninstall ACDSee such that the registry is properly
> cleaned up, etc.
>
> How do I go about doing this?

Wine comes with an uninstaller. Just execute "uninstaller".

> I'm about to upgrade to wine 0.9.15.
> Could I just blow away my ".wine" directory and let the wine 0.9.15
> build rebuild the registry files, etc?

That works too.

Daniel Skorka

Jun 13, 2006, 4:36:21 PM6/13/06
Tom Williams <tom...@comcast.net> wrote:
> How do I go about doing this? I'm about to upgrade to wine 0.9.15.
> Could I just blow away my ".wine" directory and let the wine 0.9.15
> build rebuild the registry files, etc?

Of course. Anything that was added to the registry will be gone then.

Daniel

Message has been deleted

Novem Gray

May 14, 2019, 4:17:17 AM5/14/19