Google Grupper har inte längre stöd för nya Usenet-inlägg eller -prenumerationer. Historiskt innehåll förblir synligt.

Programming new games for the Ody2/Videopac and Ody3/Videopac+ systems

54 visningar

Robert Wheelock

oläst,
27 mars 2013 22:48:002013-03-27
till
Hello!

I downloaded—and ran—the O2EM Launcher (a GUI front-end for the O2EM emulator for Windows); I also downloaded a few programming tools for it.

I do have some familiarity with the Ody2 console myself (having played games on it at a friend's house years ago...). I just deciphered its 16-color palette:

00 Black 00-00-00 08 White FF-FF-FF
01 Red 2 C6-00-08 09 Red 1 FF-33-33
02 Green 2 00-99-18 0A Green 1 3C-F2-79
03 Brown 9D-85-10 0B Yellow FF-FF-33
04 Blue 2 00-33-CC 0C Blue 1 66-99-FF
05 Violet CE-14-B2 0D Pink FF-99-FF
06 Orange DA-AE-5D 0E Cyan 30-FF-FF
07 Gray 2 5D-6D-69 0F Gray 1 CC-CC-CC

After I familiarize myself with Ody2 4048 programming, I'd like to try my hand at doing a few NEW games and some game REMAKES:

New games for Ody2/Videopac:
Championship Horse Racing (combines Horse Racing with Steeplechase), Cribbage, Astrosmash, Snafu, Roulette, Craps, Polo, Lacrosse, Board Games Pack 1 (Checkers/Chess/Backgammon), Board Games Pack 2 (Parchisi/Ludo/Chinese Marbles), Card Games Pack 1 (Solitaire/Spades/Hearts), Card Games Pack 2 (Rummy/Gin/Hand & Foot), ...

Ody2/Videopac REMAKES (enhancements) for already-existing games:
Bowling, Basketball, Poker/Blackjack, Hockey, Soccer, Alien Invaders, Slot Cars/Go-Karts, Basketball, Baseball, Football, ...

Thank You!

chris...@gmail.com

oläst,
27 apr. 2017 17:00:492017-04-27
till
have you programmed new games ?

Robert Wheelock

oläst,
29 apr. 2017 11:28:172017-04-29
till
Hello!

Would anybody know of some editing/programming tools for Videopac/Odyssey2 videogame (4048) programming?!?!

Andreas Kohlbach

oläst,
7 apr. 2021 02:24:412021-04-07
till
On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 05:03:03 GMT, gree...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 08:28:16 -0700 (PDT), Robert Wheelock <rwhl...@gmail.com> sprachen:
>
>>Would anybody know of some editing/programming tools for Videopac/Odyssey2 videogame (4048) programming?!?!
>
> I thought you said you'd downloaded some? Worst-case you might be able
> to knock up a simple assembler yourself for text-mode Windows. Or
> adapt an existing one, aren't there
> assemblers that can be taught new processors and opcodes?

The console has an Intel 8048. There should be emulators for that.

> Anyway it's 8 years later and all that time I never saw your post. Did
> you get anywhere?

2021 - 2017 = 8?

My abacus just crashed. ;-)
--
Andreas

PGP fingerprint 952B0A9F12C2FD6C9F7E68DAA9C2EA89D1A370E0

Gary

oläst,
25 maj 2021 14:52:262021-05-25
till
On 4/12/2021 10:49 AM, gree...@gmail.com wrote:
> Would be absolutely great to see new games for such a weird console

There is already a lively homebrew scene for this console:
https://videogamehomebrew.fandom.com/wiki/Odyssey_2_/_Videopac_Homebrew
0 nya meddelanden