What is "directory=" doing?

Andreas Kohlbach

Apr 22, 2022, 1:45:40 PM4/22/22
On my two machines on Linux the ~/.config/vicerc (Windows might have a
vice.ini instead) there is a Linux

Directory="/usr/lib/vice/data/C64/"

Hard to google for "Directory=" as the "=" apparently is ignored.

What is this doing? Telling the emulator where roms (kernal, basic
chargen and such) are?

I was looking for a starting directory for disk/tape/cartridge files
instead, so the file browser would not every time start at ~/ when trying
to attach a file to load. Is this possible?
--
Andreas

Andreas Kohlbach

Apr 22, 2022, 9:15:53 PM4/22/22
On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 13:45:38 -0400, Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

> On my two machines on Linux the ~/.config/vicerc (Windows might have a
> vice.ini instead) there is a Linux
>
> Directory="/usr/lib/vice/data/C64/"
>
> Hard to google for "Directory=" as the "=" apparently is ignored.
>
> What is this doing? Telling the emulator where roms (kernal, basic
> chargen and such) are?

Replying to myself: It seems to. Just set up the C128 *without* lines
like

KernalName="/usr/lib/vice/C128/kernal"

but only

Directory="/usr/lib/vice/data/C128/"