Something I'm trying to do...

Steve Nickolas

Dec 21, 2021, 12:29:44 AM12/21/21
I made an oblique comment about diglot code in CSA2 because what I wanted
to do is part of a larger project. But to sort-of reduce how deep I was
in the project, I decided to simplify it to the essentials first. (This
is a self-inflicted learning exercise, and I know it's a complicated one.)

I'm still in over my head.

The essentials in question would be an Apple ][+ emulator written strictly
in 8086 assembly (nasm dialect). I've started learning it and written a
few tools with it. I'm currently trying to migrate my semi-functional
6502 emulator into 8086 asm.

The current idea is to emulate a basic 48K ][+, and only text/GR mode on
page 1. Unfortunately, I need to basically create the CPU before I can
even try to implement the emulation part...

I am currently uploading my code to https://6.buric.co/asmemu/ as a matter
of off-site backup, but that's not final.

-uso.