PPC binary of OpenEmulator 1.0.4 for OS X 10.5

D Finnigan

Nov 29, 2012, 2:01:14 PM11/29/12
I have compiled the latest SVN source of OpenEmulator 1.0.4 (which is not
officially released yet) into a PowerPC binary that is compatible with OS X
10.5 and 10.6.

Some aesthetic limitations:
- video shaders do not work
- no disk drive sound effects

The main functional limitation:
- cannot drag hardware from library to customize the machine

Version 1.0.4 adds emulation of the Apple III, as well as improved emulation
of the earlier Apple II and II Plus systems.

The biggest issue with this build is that you can't drag hardware from the
Library. I am still working on a fix for that. Otherwise, everything else
seems to work just fine. This is the first build that will work on OS X 10.5
since OE version 1.0.1 and I think is the first PowerPC binary.

If you would like a copy of this binary, just email me. Or maybe I should
post it on my A2HQ site. ;-)

If you would like an Intel binary, I can also compile that for you, but I
don't have it right now.

--
]DF$
Apple II Book: http://macgui.com/newa2guide/ Vault: http://macgui.com/vault/

Egan Ford

Nov 29, 2012, 2:45:51 PM11/29/12
On 11/29/12 12:01 PM, D Finnigan wrote:
> If you would like an Intel binary

Yes please.

D Finnigan

Nov 29, 2012, 3:19:50 PM11/29/12
OK, I'll see about doing it this weekend. Do you want it to work with 10.5?
Otherwise, I can compile on an Intel 10.6 system and maybe have it better
working.

Steve Nickolas

Nov 29, 2012, 3:46:32 PM11/29/12
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012, D Finnigan wrote:

> I have compiled the latest SVN source of OpenEmulator 1.0.4 (which is not
> officially released yet) into a PowerPC binary that is compatible with OS X
> 10.5 and 10.6.
<snip>
> If you would like a copy of this binary, just email me. Or maybe I should
> post it on my A2HQ site. ;-)
>
> If you would like an Intel binary, I can also compile that for you, but I
> don't have it right now.

Pity the cream of the crop when it comes to Apple ][ emulation is usually
restricted to the Mac. :( (Though understandable. I was one of the Apple
][ fans who migrated to the PC, rather than to the Mac.)

Applewin is still the best emulator I have access to - this will probably
remain true for some time to come.

-uso.

D Finnigan

Nov 29, 2012, 5:02:31 PM11/29/12
Steve Nickolas wrote:

> Pity the cream of the crop when it comes to Apple ][ emulation is usually
> restricted to the Mac. :( (Though understandable. I was one of the Apple
>
> ][ fans who migrated to the PC, rather than to the Mac.)

In a way. We don't have any Uthernet card emulation yet for the Apple IIe.

D Finnigan

Nov 29, 2012, 5:03:55 PM11/29/12
OK, I did actually have time to do this. It only took an hour. See my new
thread.

Also, why email only? Well, version 1.0.4 is not complete as it has not been
officially released yet. I don't want to post a copy on the Internet that
people could confuse with the official 1.0.4 release. So, email only!

Egan Ford

Nov 29, 2012, 5:23:38 PM11/29/12
On 11/29/12 1:46 PM, Steve Nickolas wrote:
> Pity the cream of the crop when it comes to Apple ][ emulation is
> usually restricted to the Mac. :( (Though understandable. I was one of
> the Apple ][ fans who migrated to the PC, rather than to the Mac.)

The Windows/Linux thread:

https://groups.google.com/group/openemulator/browse_thread/thread/ee134c69a3ca2fab

hool...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2015, 1:38:43 AM12/11/15
Yes, I would like a binary of the Power PC version for OSX 10.5 if you still have it that would be awesome.

Nicola

Dec 11, 2015, 3:26:07 PM12/11/15
On 2015-12-11 06:38:38 +0000, hool...@gmail.com said:

> On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 1:01:14 PM UTC-6, D Finnigan wrote:
>> I have compiled the latest SVN source of OpenEmulator 1.0.4 (which is not
>> officially released yet) into a PowerPC binary that is compatible with OS X
>> 10.5 and 10.6.

How does that differ from the source on Github
(https://github.com/OpenEmulatorProject/OpenEmulator-OSX)? Are they different
forks?

Nicola

wooge...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2019, 6:44:29 PM4/25/19
Is this PPC port for Mac OS 10.5 dead?

It’s a wonderful time to get cheap Mac laptops and set them up to run Apple II software. Right now my only options are Bernie II the Rescue, and it wont run FastBoot 3.4 menu file launcher. :-(

gid...@sasktel.net

Apr 25, 2019, 7:09:36 PM4/25/19
On Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 4:44:29 PM UTC-6, wooge...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is this PPC port for Mac OS 10.5 dead?
>
> It’s a wonderful time to get cheap Mac laptops and set them up to run Apple II software. Right now my only options are Bernie II the Rescue, and it wont run FastBoot 3.4 menu file launcher. :-(

Do you have the latest version of Bernie V3? Not the shareware one, but the one that did everything. It is a 1 Mb file where the shareware version is only around 500 kb.

I found it ran everything and was very stable.

D Finnigan

Apr 25, 2019, 8:20:50 PM4/25/19
woogetybop wrote:
> Is this PPC port for Mac OS 10.5 dead?

Do you want the PowerPC version of OpenEmulator? If so, I'm still alive and
my offer from 2012 is still valid. Just email me, and I'll send it to you.

Cyn Cere

Mar 16, 2021, 9:02:08 AM3/16/21
Hi,

This is something of a long shot but if you still have the PPC port available I'd like a copy.

Thanks

D Finnigan

Mar 16, 2021, 9:56:25 AM3/16/21
Cyn Cere wrote:

> This is something of a long shot but if you still have the PPC port
> available I'd like a copy.

I sent you an email.

Message has been deleted

Pau M

Jun 26, 2021, 4:51:24 AM6/26/21
I would also like to have a copy for my ppc.