GSPort Marinetti No connection or IP

Landroval

Sep 21, 2022, 10:58:48 PM9/21/22
I have Marinetti 3.0b1 running under GSPort 0.31. It is set for DHCP but
does not pull an IP.
The emulated GS is a ROM3 with GS/OS 6.0.1. I'm not sure what other info
to provide.

Can anyone point me to simple step by step configure docs for Marinetti-
TCP/IP?

Andrew Roughan

Sep 22, 2022, 8:58:06 AM9/22/22
I recommend updating to 3.0b11

This page has an image with everything you need and quick start
instructions for installing Marinetti:
http://a2retrosystems.com/Marinetti.htm

Unfortunately the Marinetti Home page is currently not available on a live
site. I need to setup a new home for it.

Regards
Andrew

David Schmidt

Sep 22, 2022, 10:40:23 AM9/22/22
It's been ages, but you might try this:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gsport/files/Emulator%20Software%20Images/

Which eventually also points here:
http://gsport.sourceforge.net/ethernet.html

Which says it's Windows-only (I don't think that's true any longer) and
that it requires a wired (not wireless) connection - which I bet *is*
still true, but again, it's been a while.

Landroval

Sep 22, 2022, 1:03:40 PM9/22/22
I am using the image from those links.

Landroval

Sep 22, 2022, 1:05:38 PM9/22/22
I found different images on that site from what I'm using. I'm not sure
how I missed them. I'll give them a try.
Thanks

Landroval

Sep 22, 2022, 2:14:06 PM9/22/22
I'm not finding Marinetti in the images.

Landroval

Sep 22, 2022, 2:26:56 PM9/22/22
On Thu, 22 Sep 2022 12:58:05 -0000 (UTC), Andrew Roughan wrote:

Just installed 3.0b11. Same results.

Landroval

Sep 24, 2022, 5:22:11 PM9/24/22
Does anyone have this working?

Hugh Hood

Sep 25, 2022, 1:04:36 AM9/25/22

> Does anyone have this working?

To your question -- Yes, I have Marinetti 3.0b11 working under GSPort
0.31. I've tested it with Webber and also with the TreeHugger port
driver and the DCPPD printer driver.

Make sure you've downloaded and installed the Uthernet Link Layer v1.0.4
(not Uthernet II nor Sweet16) from Ewen's site:

<https://speccie.uk/software/marinetti-link-layers/>

You'll also need to set the GSPort config (F4 key) to have the ethernet
card ON, if you haven't already done this.

Hugh Hood

Landroval

Sep 25, 2022, 9:02:59 AM9/25/22
I have Uthernet 1.01b5. I Dled 1.0.4, but it is a bxy file. I don't know
how to get it into an image so I can install it on an HD image.
My ethernet card is on and set to slot 3 in both the configuration menu
and the Uthernet configuration window.
The gateway and DNS are set to my router.

Landroval

Sep 25, 2022, 9:11:25 AM9/25/22
In the TCP/IP window when I push the Connect button I get a popup:
You have aborted the attempt to connect.

When I try to use telnet I get this error:
Error: $3615. terrABORTSCRIPT ;The user aborted the connect/disconnect
script

Hugh Hood

Sep 25, 2022, 4:59:48 PM9/25/22
Forgive me if I missed it in a prior posting, but may I assume you are
running GSPort under the Windows OS?

If you are, use McFadden's CiderPress to transfer the .bxy to your image
and unshrink it there. (Although you could handle that differently).

If you are not running GSPort under Windows, know that David Schmidt's
GSPort Uthernet emulation only works when running under Windows, unless
something has changed about which I'm unaware.

Hugh Hood

Landroval

Sep 25, 2022, 5:51:40 PM9/25/22
I am using both Windows 7 and Opensuse 15.3 (Linux).
I'll give CiderPress a try under Windows.
Thanks

rakslice

Nov 30, 2022, 6:45:56 PM11/30/22
For the benefit of anyone running into this sort of 'script aborted' type error when trying to use Marinetti with a Uthernet card, double check that the GS is set to "see" the card: in the control panels (under Apple Menu -> Control Panels in GS/OS or hold down Option (Right Alt in GSport) at boot and follow the prompt for the text mode control panel) go to Slots and make sure the slot with the Uthernet card (always 3 in GSport) is set to Your Card rather than any built in hardware corresponding to that slot and reboot.

Christopher G. Mason

Nov 30, 2022, 6:52:17 PM11/30/22
On 11/30/2022 6:45 PM, rakslice wrote:
> For the benefit of anyone running into this sort of 'script aborted' type error when trying to use Marinetti with a Uthernet card, double check that the GS is set to "see" the card: in the control panels (under Apple Menu -> Control Panels in GS/OS or hold down Option (Right Alt in GSport) at boot and follow the prompt for the text mode control panel) go to Slots and make sure the slot with the Uthernet card (always 3 in GSport) is set to Your Card rather than any built in hardware corresponding to that slot and reboot.

This does NOT need to be done. The Uthernet card doesn't have a ROM and
thus doesn't need its slot set to "Your Card". If Marinetti and the
Uthernet Link Layer are installed properly, you should see "CS8900a
rev.D reset" in the console debug output.

D Finnigan

Dec 1, 2022, 8:48:05 AM12/1/22
Christopher G. Mason wrote:
> On 11/30/2022 6:45 PM, rakslice wrote:
>> For the benefit of anyone running into this sort of 'script aborted' type
>> error when trying to use Marinetti with a Uthernet card, double check
>> that the GS is set to "see" the card: in the control panels (under Apple
>> Menu -> Control Panels in GS/OS or hold down Option (Right Alt in GSport)
>> at boot and follow the prompt for the text mode control panel) go to
>> Slots and make sure the slot with the Uthernet card (always 3 in GSport)
>> is set to Your Card rather than any built in hardware corresponding to
>> that slot and reboot.
>
> This does NOT need to be done. The Uthernet card doesn't have a ROM and
> thus doesn't need its slot set to "Your Card".

By the way, in case someone wonders: one reason I gave that instruction in
the Uthernet manual to set the slot to "Your Card" is because it is
semantically correct. The user has installed his own peripheral card in a
particular slot.

--
]DF$
The New Apple II User's Guide: