Screen capture debugger data page

A2CPM

Aug 7, 2021, 9:09:48 PM8/7/21
Hi!

Possible? How?

Willi

fadden

Aug 8, 2021, 12:56:27 AM8/8/21
On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 6:09:48 PM UTC-7, A2CPM wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Possible? How?
>
> Willi

Maybe!

What?

A2CPM

Aug 8, 2021, 1:51:33 AM8/8/21
Hi!

On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 12:56:27 AM UTC-4, fadden wrote:
> Maybe!
>
> What?

Oh, well. It seems that, even if I had a '.BMP.' file from a capture of a debugger screen, I wouldn't be able to convert it to a '.TXT' file. Just tried converting a couple of test '.BMP' files using browser conversion sites. No joy...

Willi

Michael AppleWin Debugger Dev

Aug 8, 2021, 9:08:15 AM8/8/21
On Saturday, August 7, 2021 at 6:09:48 PM UTC-7, A2CPM wrote:
> Possible? How?
>
> Willi

Hi Willi,

Yes, this is possible to capture DATA mode as text.

Press Ctrl+PrintScreen.

Unfortunately, I don't see this documented in the help. I've created GH #976 to address this oversight.

Michael

A2CPM

Aug 9, 2021, 1:49:28 PM8/9/21
On Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 9:08:15 AM UTC-4, Michael AppleWin Debugger Dev wrote:
> Press Ctrl+PrintScreen.
> Unfortunately, I don't see this documented in the help. I've created GH #976 to address this oversight.

Not working for me in 1_28_0_6.

Willi

Michael AppleWin Debugger Dev

Aug 9, 2021, 2:07:07 PM8/9/21
On Monday, August 9, 2021 at 10:49:28 AM UTC-7, A2CPM wrote:
> > Press Ctrl+PrintScreen.
> Not working for me in 1_28_0_6.

Hey Willi

Hmmm, I've tried Ctrl-PrintScreen with versions:

* 1.28.0.0
* 1.28.6.0
* 1.29.16.0

and they all worked.

Are you running multiple instances of AppleWin? If so, Ctrl+PrintScreen will only work with the first instance (unless you use the command line options: -no-printscreen-key)

Can you download a more recent version and give a that a go please? You can find all releases here:
* https://github.com/AppleWin/AppleWin/releases

Thanks,
m.

Michael AppleWin Debugger Dev

Aug 9, 2021, 2:32:44 PM8/9/21
P.S.

Here is the workflow I use to copy data out of debugger: (Replace $F800 with your address.)

1. MD1 F800
2. DATA
3. Ctrl-PrintScreen
4. Alt-TAB to your text editor
5. Ctrl-V

Alternatively, you could just bsave memory and use your favorite hexdump utility:

1. PWD
2. BSAVE "f800.f8ff.bin",f800:f800+FF
3. Alt-TAB to the command line
4. hexdump f800.f8ff.bin