Hiding columns in AppleWin debugger 1.27.0.0 and later.

Brian Patrie

Jul 18, 2021, 7:22:10 PM7/18/21
I can't click to hide columns. Was this feature removed? Or is there
another way to do it?

(I can live without it, if it's gone; it took me this long to notice.)

Michael AppleWin Debugger Dev

Jul 19, 2021, 8:38:40 AM7/19/21
On Sunday, July 18, 2021 at 4:22:10 PM UTC-7, Brian Patrie wrote:
> I can't click to hide columns. Was this feature removed? Or is there
> another way to do it?

I changed it in Debugger version 2.9.1.12 to now require Shift+mouse click to prevent accidental clicking due to feedback in GH #462.

No functionality was changed. You can still (Shift) click on the Address, the colon, and/or the bytes.

You may want to read "Debugger_Changelog.txt" for all changes made to the debugger since we don't clutter up the main notes due to very few people using the debugger.

Hope this helps,
m.

Michael AppleWin Debugger Dev

Jul 19, 2021, 11:05:03 AM7/19/21
On Sunday, July 18, 2021 at 4:22:10 PM UTC-7, Brian Patrie wrote:
> (I can live without it, if it's gone; it took me this long to notice.)

Sorry, forgot to mention, you CAN restore the old behavior via:

disasm click 0

You also can customize which combination Ctrl/Alt/Shift/None you want. Type HELP CONFIG for more info.

i.e.
Usage: CLICK [#]
Set required key combo. (Alt, Control, or Shift) when left clicking
0 Left-Click (no Alt, Ctrl, Shift)
1 Alt Left-click
2 Ctrl Left-click
3 Alt+Ctrl Left-click
4 Shift Left-click
5 Shift+Alt Left-click
6 Shift+Ctrl Left-click
7 Shift+Ctrl+Alt Left-click
Examples:
DISASM CLICK 0 // Plain Left-click
DISASM CLICK 1 // Require Alt Left-click
DISASM CLICK 2 // Require Ctrl Left-click
DISASM CLICK 3 // Require Alt+Ctrl Left-click

Hope this helps.

m.

Brian Patrie

Jul 23, 2021, 11:32:12 PM7/23/21
Yes, it does. TYVM! (Bad me, for not RTFM.) :)