XEmacs source repository has moved

Hauke Fath

Jul 24, 2021, 9:54:10 AM7/24/21
As some of you may have noticed, Atlassian shut down its Mercurial
repositories (as in 'removed', not just set to read-only like Google
Code <https://code.google.com/archive/>).

The XEmacs source repositories are now hosted at

<https://foss.heptapod.net/xemacs>

which sports a GitLab interface.

Unfortunately, <http://xemacs.org/Develop/index.html> hasn't been
updated yet, and I at least found the new whereabouts hard to find.

Cheerio,
Hauke

--
Now without signature.

Hauke Fath

Jul 31, 2021, 9:21:33 AM7/31/21
Hauke Fath <dont.spa...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> The XEmacs source repositories are now hosted at
>
> <https://foss.heptapod.net/xemacs>

FTR, there is a pkgsrc wip package that builds from the current sources:

<https://pkgsrc.se/wip/xemacs-hg>
<https://wip.pkgsrc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pkgsrc-wip.git;a=tree;f=xemacs-hg;hb=HEAD>
<https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc-wip/tree/master/xemacs-hg>

Raymond Toy

Jul 31, 2021, 8:06:53 PM7/31/21

Hauke> As some of you may have noticed, Atlassian shut down its
Hauke> Mercurial repositories (as in 'removed', not just set to
Hauke> read-only like Google Code
Hauke> <https://code.google.com/archive/>).

Hauke> The XEmacs source repositories are now hosted at

Hauke> <https://foss.heptapod.net/xemacs>

Hauke> which sports a GitLab interface.

Thanks for doing this. While I just recently stopped using xemacs, I
still find that xemacs had some much nicer things than recent GNU emacs,
so it would have been a shame to see all of xemacs diasppear.

--
Ray

Michael Sperber

Aug 1, 2021, 5:11:04 AM8/1/21
We're looking after the repositories. However, I'm not sure we still
have control over the web pages, which is why the links there are stale.

--
Regards,
Mike

Hauke Fath

Aug 2, 2021, 5:55:30 AM8/2/21
Michael Sperber <spe...@deinprogramm.de> wrote:

> We're looking after the repositories.

Many thanks for that!

> However, I'm not sure we still
> have control over the web pages, which is why the links there are stale.

Well, supposedly the people who salvaged the web pages from the tux
wreck are still around? If there is any update automatism, though, it
might still try to talk to bitbucket.

xemacs-beta@ not being subscribable doesn't help, either. At least the
bug tracker works. ;)

Hauke Fath

Aug 2, 2021, 6:09:33 AM8/2/21
Hauke Fath <dont.spa...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> xemacs-beta@ not being subscribable doesn't help, either.

Since we're talking about it, #xemacs appears to have been moved to
irc.libera.chat now.