Re: [VIM] How to obtain Command Line Options in VIM? SOLVED

Kenny McCormack

Jun 14, 2021, 10:18:00 AM6/14/21
In article <slrnscefis.n0...@publicly.invalid>,
Andreas Mattheiss <lvzwlcykh5ucts...@antichef.net> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>to bring this thread to a conclusion in style, here's what I've done,
>making use of what I learnt in the process:
>
>"----------------------------------------------
>" Experimental commandline parsing stuff below
>" Only works on LINUX and with 7.4 and above

It turns out that the oldest version of VIM on Linux that I have available
to test is 7.3.547. This is on a system that was installed in 2014 (and
never updated). As far as I can tell, it (using readfile() with the
cmdline file) works as expected there.

I really wonder why it didn't work before that, although it probably has to
do with the nulls.

--
You know politics has really been turned upside down when you have someone in the
government with a last name of Cheney (Liz, Senator from Wyoming) who is the voice of