VI/VIM for Windows CE?

Paul Kirkaas

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
Hi--

I want to get a little organizer/PIM for taking notes, etc -- but I
would like to be able to use my familiar VI commands. I use VIM
normally, but can I get a version that runs on Windows CE? Does Windows
CE support a dos window, so I can run a dos-based vi editor?

Thanks for any help.

Paul
--
Paul Kirkaas
pkir...@tibco.com

Sven Guckes

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
pkir...@tibco.com (Paul Kirkaas):

> I want to get a little organizer/PIM for taking notes, etc --
> but I would like to be able to use my familiar VI commands.
> I use VIM normally, but can I get a version that runs on Windows CE?

At least two people on the vim maillist once claimed to have Vim running
on their WindowsCE machines - a very limited version of Vim, of course.

Now, if anyone is willing to maintain Vim binaries WindowsCE
then please get in touch!

> Does Windows CE support a dos window, so I can run a dos-based vi editor?

Dunno. But if so then "calvin" would be a good choice.

Sven

--
Sven Guckes guc...@vim.org Vi IMproved | VIM6 - results for vote on features:
VIM FAQ http://www.vim.org/faq/ | http://www.vim.org/vim6vote.html

Steven La

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
guc...@math.fu-berlin.de (Sven Guckes) wrote:
>At least two people on the vim maillist once claimed to have Vim running
>on their WindowsCE machines - a very limited version of Vim, of course.
>
>> Does Windows CE support a dos window, so I can run a dos-based vi editor?
>
>Dunno. But if so then "calvin" would be a good choice.

XTCE is a 8086 emulator. You can use it to run dos with it. I've had
the 16bit version of vim running with it.

sla

telec...@sanambiente.com.co

Jun 20, 2020, 11:49:39 PM6/20/20
El viernes, 4 de diciembre de 1998, 3:00:00 (UTC-5), Steven La escribió:
could share please?

Wilber Varela

Aug 25, 2020, 1:01:37 AM8/25/20
Please,sombody have any terminal editor for WinCE - Thanks