DSL Speed differences betwee nLAN machines

Bellsouth DSL

Sep 6, 2001, 5:17:08 PM9/6/01
We have a 1.5 mbps DSL connection going to 3 workstations through a 4 port
Linksys DSL/Cable Router. 2 of the workstations are seeing speeds of up to
1.3 mbps (about as fast as we can hope for,) but one is never seeing more
than 750 kbps. Ironically, the slow machine is in the same room as the
router and DSL modem and is the newest machine in the office. I can also get
1.3 mbps with my laptop. Plugging the slow machine into a different port
(the one that gave 1.3 mbps to my laptop) with the same cat5 cable that ran
1.3 mbps to the laptop does not help. Any suggestions? Could it be a bad or
slow network card?

Thanks in advance; please reply via. fr...@tundra.org
-FGP

Mike Daniel

Sep 6, 2001, 5:54:38 PM9/6/01
In article <vERl7.14445$VX3.7...@e3500-atl1.usenetserver.com>,
fr...@tundra.org says...

Try updating the NIC drivers or replace the NIC and see if it makes a
difference.

Mike

myname

Nov 12, 2001, 7:21:03 PM11/12/01
perhaps the new computer needs to be tweaked?

try changing the MTU and/or receive window

"Bellsouth DSL" <fr...@tundra.org> wrote in message