Need recommended voice/whiteboard/video conf s/w

David Feldman

Apr 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/6/98

I have a need to attend meetings at distant locations...

Ideally, I'd like to equip a pair of laptop machines (one at each
end), using a conventional dial-up modem line, to act like a
speakerphone, a video phone (low refresh rate is fine, or een
just on-demand still images), and a kind of remote "etch-a-sketch"
(on the computer screen, drawing with the mouse), all together sharing
the dial line connection.

Of these capabilities, speakerphone and etchasketch are more important
than video, altho limited image transmission would be nice (from
a camera).

I went by the computer store and saw a number of products that seem
to be geared mostly to video conferencing, with no real provision to
do the real-time etch-a-sketch type application I envision.

Any suggestions?

Tnx,

Dave
d...@netcom.com

Jeremy L. Mordkoff

Apr 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/7/98
to David Feldman

Most T.120 capable H323 systems can do whiteboards. I have had
"meetings" with just chat and whiteboard, no audio or video. I have also
tried audio and app sharing.

Both NetMeeting and LiveLAN can do this, and I suspect proshare can
also.

I think you need to ask yourself what other systems/people do you think
you may want to interact with and what systems do they have. If they're
mostly H323 based, then this may be your best bet. If you have access to
ISDN lines, then an H320 system may be better.

JLM
--
Jeremy L. Mordkoff
http://www.net1plus.com/users/jom/pictel.htm

Matthew Schewe

Apr 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/11/98

You may want to consult with a Victor Lewis from International Televideo.
He is very honest and direct and would steer you in the right direction.
Tell him Brooke sent you.

Brooke

Matthew Schewe

Apr 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/11/98

OOPS!

Forgot to give phone # 800-414-8536

Brooke

Katie Adam

Jul 23, 2012, 1:54:39 AM7/23/12
These whiteboard videos are very effective and unique for institutional and corporate sector.As people belong to this industry can easily visualize with this kind of videos and more importantly it will give entertaining time to prospects.

We make these kind of amazing whiteboard videos which will amaze your audience.Want to have your very own explainer video just log on

http://www,videoexplainers.com

solutionzcon...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2012, 5:45:55 PM12/19/12
Are you buying this for a company or for personal use?

Both Polycom and Cisco have great products and we would be happy to help you out!
Here's our webiste: http://www.solutionzinc.com/ And we have awesome sales reps all over the country that can help you make an educated choice.

Thanks!
Solutionz Inc