AT&T Operator and Directory Assistance is ending [telecom]

Bill Horne

Nov 13, 2022, 2:17:41 PM11/13/22
Operator and Directory Assistance is ending

On or after January 1, 2023, you won't be able to use these services
on AT&T Phones.

Operator and Directory Assistance won't be available on AT&T Phone(sm)
(formerly U-verse(r) Voice) starting on or after January 1, 2023.
Because of this, you won't be able to dial 411 on AT&T Phone(sm) to
request phone numbers or addresses. Also, when placing calls, you'll
need to dial phone numbers directly as Operator Assistance won't be
available.

https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-voice/KM1511460/

Michael Trew

Nov 22, 2022, 10:35:34 PM11/22/22
On 11/13/2022 13:40, Bill Horne wrote:

> Operator and Directory Assistance won't be available on AT&T Phone℠
> (formerly U-verse® Voice) starting on or after January 1, 2023.
>
> https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-voice/KM1511460/

It seems that this is only for digital/VoIP phones? Presumably the same
is not true for my AT&T POTS line (not that I ever dial the operator or
411). I wonder if 411 is also being disabled on mobile phones?