List of Calling Number Announcement Numbers

woody

Jul 23, 1993, 10:00:00 PM7/23/93
[After checking all the incoming mail for this list, it's time to post
the current collection of ANAC codes.]

Calling Number Announcement Numbers

This is a list of known ANAC codes in use, primarily in North America
and Australia, though international contributions are welcome.

An ANAC (Automatic Number Announcement Code) is used to identify the
calling number. This is handy when there are many lines, and it's
uncertain which line is which.

In many cases there is a short (1/10th second) dual tone, then a
female synthesised voice which reads off the calling phone number. In
some other cases, there is no initial dual tone, but just the voice
readout.

If your area is not listed, one of the codes listed for another area
may work, especially if from a related company's territory (eg.
another state served by the same regional telephone company). If a
code like 200.xxx.xxxx or 958 or an N11 code (*not* 411 or 911)
doesn't work, check for central office codes that are not used for
regular service elsewhere in the area code and see if that has the
ANAC number.

800 ANI (Automatic Number Identification)

In North America, 1 800 235.1414 was an 800 number that made use of ANI
service. ANI will deliver calling numbers to the destination number where
possible. Other 800 numbers might be possible, but are subject to regional
limitations.

For additions, corrections, inquiries, please e-mail to dj...@io.org,
dlei...@attmail.com or Fidonet Sysop at 1:250/730 (addresses effective
as of document date).

Credits:

Many entries came from a post to the Digest entitled "The Definitive
ANAC Guide", compiled by Emmanuel Goldstein, posted by Leryo Malbito
<le...@gnu.ai.mit.edu>. This posting occurred a few years ago and is
subject to new codes and information.

Other contributors include:

an...@janus.coat.com (Andy Behrens)
mig...@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU (Miguel Cruz)
wolf...@halcyon.halcyon.com (Stephen Davis)
jgr...@nyx.cs.du.edu (Justin Greene)
jki...@hercii.lasc.lockheed.com (Jon Kimbrough)
wrglex%jmcco...@Think.COM (Jim McCormack)
rud...@aimla.com (Mark Rudholm)
m...@RedBrick.COM (Maxime Taksar KC6ZPS)
Garrett...@UVM.EDU (Garrett Wollman)
S34...@emu.insted.unimelb.EDU.AU

How to use:

Check for your region or area code. Then dial a listed number (more
than one ANAC code could be used in an area code, or different codes
may be used among different telephone companies such as independents).

The code may require prefacing with a 1 in some areas due to equipment
setup (taking care not to start dialing another active area code or
exchange). Be careful in many areas with 211 codes as these are often
used to reach Credit Operator from COCOTs or other situations.

yyyy = Represents a specific series of digits that can change (such as
1111, 1234, 1699, 2350, 8123, etc).

NPA ANAC number Comments

204 644
204 644.xxxx
205 908.222.2222
212 958
213 114
213 1223 (some 1AESS switches)
213 211.2345 (English response)
213 211.2346 (DTMF response)
213 61056
214 970.222.2222 (mentioned for Dallas once)
214 970.xxxx
215 410.xxxx
217 200.xxx.xxxx
217 290
305 200.222.2222
306 115 (?)
309 200.xxx.xxxx
309 290
310 114 (on many GTE switches)
310 1223 (some 1AESS switches)
310 211.2345 (English response)
310 211.2346 (DTMF response)
312 1.200.5863
312 1.200.yyyy
312 200.xxx.xxxx
312 290
313 200.200.2002
313 200.222.2222
313 200.xxx.xxxx (sometimes in Michigan Bell territory)
317 310.222.2222
317 743.1218
401 222.2222
403 311 (at least from Edmonton)
403 908.222.2222
403 999 (was found in parts of Edmonton)
404 311 (Atlanta)
404 940.xxx.xxxx
407 200.222.2222
408 300.xxx.xxxx
408 760
409 970.xxxx
414 330.2234
415 200.555.1212
415 211.2111
415 2222
415 640
415 760
415 7600
415 7600.2222
415 760.2878
416 410.yyyy
416 997.yyyy
502 997.555.1212
508 200.222.1234
508 200.222.2222
509 560
512 200.222.2222
512 970.xxxx
514 320.yyyy
516 968
517 200.222.2222
517 200.xxx.xxxx (sometimes in Michigan Bell territory)
518 997
518 998
519 320.yyyy
602 593.0809
602 593.6017
602 593.7451
603 200.222.2222
604 1116
604 1211
604 211
606 997.555.1212
612 511
613 320.yyyy
615 830
616 200.222.2222
616 200.xxx.xxxx (sometimes in Michigan Bell territory)
617 200.222.1234
617 200.222.2222
617 200.444.4444 (Woburn, MA)
617 200.xxx.xxxx
617 220.2622
618 200.xxx.xxxx
705 320.yyyy
708 1.200.yyyy
713 970.xxxx
714 211.2121
716 511
718 958
802 200.222.2222 (throughout NYNEX?)
802 2.222.222.2222 (NETel or Continental Tel code? Now obsolete?)
806 970.xxxx
812 410.555.1212
815 200.xxx.xxxx
815 290
817 211
818 1223 (some 1AESS switches)
818 211.2345 (English response)
818 211.2346 (DTMF response)
906 200.222.2222
906 200.xxx.xxxx (sometimes in Michigan Bell territory)
914 1.990.1111
914 99
914 990
914 990.1111
915 970.xxxx
919 711

Australia:

+61 03-552-4111 (Victoria 03 area)
+61 19123 (all major capital cities)

Rich Greenberg

Jul 27, 1993, 12:51:15 AM7/27/93
In article <telecom...@eecs.nwu.edu> dj...@io.org (woody) writes:

> [After checking all the incoming mail for this list, it's time to post
> the current collection of ANAC codes.]

> 310 211.2345 (English response)
> 310 211.2346 (DTMF response)

One more data point:

In the 310-649 exchange, 211.2345 gave a series of tones, all sounding
the same. 2346 gave a voice (lousy quality) readback, and 2347 gave
DTMF. (I didn't decode the dtmf.) (Pac Bell territory.)

Rich Greenberg Work: ETi Solutions, Oceanside CA 619-631-5280
N6LRT TinselTown, USA Play: ric...@netcom.com 310-649-0238
I speak for myself only.