How Mobile Phones Became a Privacy Battleground—and How to Protect Yourself [telecom]

Bill Horne

Sep 29, 2022, 6:55:23 PM9/29/22
By Thorin Klosowski

In the 15 years since the iPhone’s debut, the world of data privacy
has changed significantly. Since 2007, app-privacy
controversies—ranging from the social network Path downloading the
contents of people’s address books to every weather app under the sun
selling location data—have snowballed, leading to concerns both
legitimate and misinformed, as well as the inability of many phone
owners to determine which threats are real. But digging through
history to understand where the privacy controls of iOS and Android
began, and how both mobile operating systems have shifted to give
people more control, can give you a better idea of what the true
threats are right now.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/protect-your-privacy-in-mobile-phones/

--
(Please remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)