Verizon to rehome SS7 traffic across LATA boundaries [telecom]

Bill Horne

Jun 13, 2022, 4:10:56 PM6/13/22
It's been a while since I worked with SS7, but now and then something
comes up to remind me that time. Today, it's something which has me
scratching my head.

Verizon has published a notice that it will be rehoming some SS7
traffic across LATA boundaries. I'm not saying that's wrong or right,
but it "used to be" that SS7 traffic going from one LATA to another
had to be handled by a different company which had permission to do
Inter-LATA haulage.

I'd like to know when that changed, so please respond if you have the answer.

Bill

https://www.verizon.com/about//sites/default/files/SS7-STP-Albany-Schenectady-NY.pdf

--
(Please remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)