T-Mobile waiving overcharge fees [telecom]

Bill Horne

Sep 29, 2022, 6:55:23 PM9/29/22
By: Keyshawn Frazier

T-Mobile has announced that customers in certain counties of Florida
and Georgia who are impacted by Hurricane Ian and are not already on
unlimited plans will not pay overage charges.

The company is waiving unlimited talk, text and data from Sep. 28 to
Oct. 3 for the following counties in Florida and Georgia : ...

https://www.fox4now.com/news/state/t-mobile-waiving-overcharge-fees

Michael Trew

Oct 1, 2022, 4:10:05 PM10/1/22
I don't buy it; it's a marketing ploy. They did the same thing during
the start of the pandemic. I have friends who became used to unlimited
minutes, text messages, and data... they subsequently upgraded to
higher-cost unlimited plans after T-mo pulled the "unlimited" plug.
It's a back-handed marketing tactic.