Senate: Confirm Gigi Sohn to the FCC [telecom]

Telecom Digest Moderator

Jan 11, 2022, 7:09:17 PM1/11/22
Our union siblings in the Communication Workers of America have been
fighting for broadband for all built right by union workers, and are
urging the Senate to swiftly advance the nomination of Gigi Sohn for
Commissioner of the FCC.

The FCC normally has five commissioners, but there is currently a
vacant seat, and without a full commission, it will be difficult to
move forward on making sure that all Americans have the services they
need. Throughout her career, Sohn has been a staunch advocate for the
expansion of affordable internet access. During the T-Mobile/Sprint
merger, she was a key CWA ally in the fight to protect jobs, and she
knows that to build broadband better we need effective state
oversight. Sohn will continue to fight for workers and consumers as
Commissioner of the FCC.

https://aftmichigan.org/weekly-update-january-10-2022/