We Don't Even Have to Look Up From Our Phones to Hate Each Other [telecom]

1 view

Bill Horne

Jun 16, 2022, 10:17:45 AM6/16/22
Opinion Guest Essay

By Thomas B. Edsall

Mr. Edsall contributes a weekly column from Washington, D.C., on
politics, demographics and inequality.

In theory, American federalism allows a thousand flowers to bloom, as
cities and states serve as laboratories of democracy. Transparent
governance - "Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants" -
empowers the electorate to see what its representatives are up to. The
internet gives both voice and access to virtually everyone regardless
of their status. The surge in small dollar campaign contributions
democratizes the financing of elections, lessening the power of the
rich.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/15/opinion/social-media-polarization-democracy.html

--
(Please remove QRM from my email address to write to me directly)