MRTG 1 Minute Interval

Jacob Lewallen

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
I modified MRTG to update every minute by changing the conditions in
the quickcheck from >= 5 to >= 1. It seems to work fine (it says it's
averaging over 1 minute) only the average/curr/max and the graph do not update
every minute. This only happens on the 5 minute interval. MRTG does run and
update the page every minute though (the The statistics were last updated
changes correctly) For example. MRTG is run 5 times during a 5 minute
interval:
:01 0 bytes in, 0 bytes out
:02 0 bytes in, 0 bytes out
:03 100 bytes in, 0 bytes out
:04 0 bytes in, 0 bytes out
:05 0 bytes in, 0 bytes out

The graph and the Max/Average/Curr will not changed until :05. When
the do, the new values will be the 1 average (which is RIGHT) in this case 20
for bytes in and 0 for bytes out. What changes need to be made so that the
Graph/max/Average/Curr are updated every minute. Just like setting the
interval to 5 minutes causes new values every 5 minutes. . . Thanks,

The behavior I described can be seen on the web page:
http://www.emsphone.com/stats/cdrom.html
This is NOT MINE. Just a page I found that seems to exhibit the same behavior
I am trying to avoid.

Thanks,

JL

Jim Hicks

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
In the mrt.cfg file you have to specify the interval from the default five minutes
to one minute.

Jacob Lewallen

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
In article <381BC9F9...@austin.rr.com>, Jim Hicks <jhi...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>In the mrt.cfg file you have to specify the interval from the default five
> minutes
>to one minute.

This is what I did. It wouldn't let me do this unless I modified the
quickcheck function in the mrtg script. . .

jl

Jim Hicks

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
I have only configured mrtg in linux. There was a cfgmaker program, and when I gave it
the one minute parameter, it created grraphs with one minute average. The config document
indicates it can be changed in the mrt.cfg file.
It may be in the parameters passed to the graphing program. There are some parameters for
x and y dimensions.
I am at home, and all my documentation is at work.

Jacob Lewallen

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
In article <381CE8C5...@austin.rr.com>, Jim Hicks <jhi...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>I have only configured mrtg in linux. There was a cfgmaker program, and when I
> gave it

I am in RedHat 6.1.

>the one minute parameter, it created grraphs with one minute average. The
> config document

My cfgmaker that came with MRTG 2.8.8 doesn't seem to take any
parameter like that. It takes the community@router and the cfgmaker_ip script
takes some others, but nothing about an average/interval.

>indicates it can be changed in the mrt.cfg file.
>It may be in the parameters passed to the graphing program. There are some
> parameters for

I have my X and Y size modified so the graph is larger . . . but I
doubt that would be cause problems.

>x and y dimensions.
>I am at home, and all my documentation is at work.

I see Thanks for you help. . . .

JL