Using cable modem's technical diagnostics readings...

Ant

May 31, 2014, 2:39:25 PM5/31/14
Hello.

I was just wondering. Are the numbers in cable modem's technical web
pages, on http://192.168.100.1/, similiar to the ones that cable service
people use? Are they also valid to diagnose for non-Internet cable
issues (TV and digital phone) beside the Internet?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"I don't understand them anymore, these people that travel the
commuter-trains to their dormitory towns. These people call themselves

tech...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2015, 12:57:15 AM6/24/15
On Saturday, May 31, 2014 at 11:39:25 AM UTC-7, Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I was just wondering. Are the numbers in cable modem's technical web
> pages, on http://192.168.100.1/, similiar to the ones that cable service
> people use?

Yes they are the exact same data I see coming in on my Signal level meter.

> Are they also valid to diagnose for non-Internet cable
> issues (TV and digital phone) beside the Internet?

TV no, but phone yes. The phone system uses the exact same channels/carriers the internet does, the TV however, uses different carriers, so the internet ones may be perfectly fine and the TV ones have issues or the opposite may be true. If you see problems in those carriers, it may indicate tv carrier problems but not always.

.