Wireless ethernet relay?

Bosco Tsang

Nov 12, 2002, 8:40:19 PM11/12/02
I have a number of machines at the basement, connected with hub. Now,
I have a new computer in the 2nd floor with NIC installed. However,
there is no way to get the cable up from basement. I don't want to go
with wireless Hub/NIC just for 1 computer. I am wondering if there is
any other options that allow me to do the remote connection, such as
wireless relay etc? And good and cheap recommendation?

Bill Sanderson

Nov 13, 2002, 12:15:44 AM11/13/02
Other options might include Home Phoneline networking (HomePNA), Powerline
networking, and perhaps others.

I suspect wireless and powerline would come out about the same cost--I
suspect $180 or so would do it. HomePNA might be a good bit cheaper.

Linksys sells both HomePNA and powerline gear. Netgear sells HomePNA as do
a good many others.

"Bosco Tsang" <cn...@nospam.torfree.net> wrote in message

James Knott

Nov 13, 2002, 6:55:36 AM11/13/02
Bosco Tsang wrote:

Read the 802.11b book from O'Reilly. That sort of thing is covered in it.

--

Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong.

james.knott.