Looking for 3com

TGS

Jan 5, 2001, 11:54:23 AM1/5/01
Attn Experts:

I am looking for a 3Com DTC16MX device.

If anyone knows where to get them or what they do,

email-> jimmy at tgscorp dot com

thanks
jim

Roy W. Forgy

Jan 5, 2001, 12:31:38 PM1/5/01
On Fri, 05 Jan 2001 16:54:23 GMT, TGS <t...@tgscorp.com> wrote:

->Attn Experts:
->
->I am looking for a 3Com DTC16MX device.
->
->If anyone knows where to get them or what they do,
->
->email-> jimmy at tgscorp dot com
->
->
->thanks
->jim
The question is if you don't know what it is why do you want one?

That part number, DTC16MX, comes back as a DTC server part number.

http://www.cypress-tech.com/dtc_products.htm

Watson A.Name

Jan 5, 2001, 2:37:47 PM1/5/01

Yeah, as if we all know what the 3Com numbers are off the tops of our
heads. We use a lot of 3Com gear, and I haven't the foggiest what
you're talking about. "Device" isn't sufficient, IMHO. Give more
info. You might be more specific in the subject line, too.

And also it's considered rude to ask for people to email you. If you
can't come back to check this newsgroup, then don't post here to begin
with.
(My guess is we'll never hear from him again.)

--
@@@@@T@h@e@@i@n@t@e@r@n@e@t@@w@a@s@@c@o@o@l@@u@n@t@i@l@@@@@
My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it

js...@dontspamme.havoc.gtf.gatech.edu

Jan 5, 2001, 4:02:48 PM1/5/01
In comp.dcom.lans.ethernet TGS <t...@tgscorp.com> alleged:
-> Attn Experts:

-> I am looking for a 3Com DTC16MX device.

-> If anyone knows where to get them or what they do,

-> email-> jimmy at tgscorp dot com

I am not going to email it. When I search for a DTC16MX using
http://www.google.com, I find that it appears to be an HP part.

(from ttp://www.genisyscorp.com/products.html)

J2060A - DTC16 Telnet Server
J2062A - DTC16IX 16 RS-232 ports
J2063A - DTC16MX Server
J2064A - DTC16RX Server
2340A - DTC16

Some references to it on:

http://www.docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/doc3k/B3693990052.15985/19

Also mentioned here:

http://www.cypress-tech.com/dtc_products.htm

I think perhaps DTC is Data Terminal Controller. Yeah, going to
http://www.hp.com and using search to find "dtc16mx" and "dtc16",
led me to this page:

http://www.mpeixservers.hp.com/networking/index.html

This page has a link to a pdf file that will tell you all about a
dtc16mx.

Searching http://www.3com.com produced no information on "dtc16mx".

My question is, why would you be looking for one of these if you
don't even know who makes it or what it does? This whole thing took
me less than five minutes with a web browser.

--
John Cronin

Watson A.Name

Jan 5, 2001, 8:08:20 PM1/5/01
js...@dontspamme.havoc.gtf.gatech.edu wrote:

> In comp.dcom.lans.ethernet TGS <t...@tgscorp.com> alleged:
> -> Attn Experts:
>
> -> I am looking for a 3Com DTC16MX device.
>
> -> If anyone knows where to get them or what they do,
>
> -> email-> jimmy at tgscorp dot com

[snip]

> My question is, why would you be looking for one of these if you
> don't even know who makes it or what it does? This whole thing took
> me less than five minutes with a web browser.

The ass^H^H^H guy is a broker who's only interest is in the money. He
probably doesn't care it it's used to flip burgers. See their miserably
slow web page for more info.

> --
> John Cronin

John

Jan 6, 2001, 10:29:06 PM1/6/01
thanks for the help fellas! this group used be a nice place to exchange
info. i don't get you guys at all.

David Donaldson

Jan 22, 2001, 9:42:46 PM1/22/01
i agree... whats with the attitude?.... watson, you sound like a real
asshole... glad to know that my job is a little more secure knowing that i
know how to communicate effectively with people that need help with their
tech problems.

"John" <js...@tgscorp.com> wrote in message