NFS mounts

herrman...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2016, 1:00:30 PM9/15/16
I just posted a question to comp.protocols.nfs, but it looks like the group is 99.9% spam. (I only see one actual article, and more than 99 spam.)

I am trying to get diskless Suns to boot, after not doing it for some years.

thanks.

herrman...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2016, 2:11:20 PM9/18/16
OK, I figured it out, with some help from the other group.

It seems that FreeBSD can mount files, but only export directories,
and can mount subdirectories or files in the exported directory only
with the -alldirs option. And, when using -alldirs, there are restrictions
on what you can export.

But doing it right, the client can mount a single file instead of
a whole directory. This is how diskless clients mount swap.

thanks,

-- glen