Thermal fax machine causes dark areas on sides of TRANSMITTED documents...

Tripp Knightly

May 24, 2004, 10:35:33 AM5/24/04
I have an 8-year old thermal fax machine by Sharp. Something is wrong
w/ it where it puts grey / darker areas on the sides of the documents
it scans / sends. Does the same if it copies the document, though
maybe not as badly. My guess is the grey areas get accentuated
further on the receiving device.

Anyway - is this typically due to something like an uneven platen or
some other cause. User fixable? Thx