Repairing Olivetti fax machines

Thomas Adams

Apr 16, 2004, 6:13:25 PM4/16/04
Does anybody repair Olivetti fax machines and can give me some tips?

I could use a service manual for the OFX 1000 and the OFX 3100.

The OFX 1000 seems to work fine except it doesn't print anything. The
display works, I can send faxes which are received fine and incoming
faxes trigger the paper transport mechanism and the print head.
So I thought changing the ink cartridge and cleaning the print head
would help. But it didn't. Anything else I could try?

The OFX 3100 seems to have a problem with the mechanics. There are all
kinds of error messages in the display when I power the unit up. If I'm
lucky it's just paper which is stuck in the fax's innards. Or that's
what I hope. :)

Thanks,
T.
--
np : -

James Calivar

Apr 17, 2004, 11:01:31 AM4/17/04
"Thomas Adams" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

Have you contacted Olivetti for advice? Barring that, is there any reason
you cannot replace these machines? Fax machines are rather cheap these
days...

Brian K.Lingard

Apr 18, 2004, 12:11:28 PM4/18/04
Ottawa Canada

With the price of fax machines being as low as they are, it probably
isn't worth your time and effort to try fixing your two Olivetti fax
machines.

To get a service manual, try contacting your local Olivetti sales
office but don't be surprised if they tell you they do not sell service
manuals as the equiipment is full of proprietary stuff.

If you do any amount of faxing, you probably need a laser fax. So join
the laser crowd and forget about ink jet fax printers!

Brian

Thomas Adams