Return set different in pgsql and MS Access/ODBC

jared...@yahoo.com

Aug 18, 2004, 4:37:32 PM8/18/04
I need to know why MS Access/ODBC is reporting different results than
the one shown in psql.

I created a very simple function below:

------------------
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public."Return_Some_Text"()
RETURNS SETOF varchar AS
'DECLARE

BEGIN
return next \'HCM00101\';
return next \'HCM00102\';
return next \'HCM00104\';
return next \'HCM00112\';
return;
END;'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

------------------
When I use the function inside psql (it works):

testdb2=# select * from "HCM_Primary_Keys"();
HCM_Primary_Keys

------------------
HCM00101
HCM00102
HCM00104
HCM00112
(4 rows)

But when I use MS Access/ODBC with the same SQL statement:
I only see one row "HCM00101" when I'm expecting four rows back just
like in psql.

What can I do so that MS/Access/ODBC shows all four rows rather than
the first one?

Jared