Compiling libpqxx-2.3.0 under Windows...

Malte

Aug 31, 2004, 4:38:29 AM8/31/04

Did anyone manage to compile libpqxx-2.3.0 for PostgreSQL 8.0 beta 1
under Windows 2000? I do not have Developer Studio but am using
Bloodshed Dev-Cpp which comes with MinGW. I tried to follow the
installation instructions for libpqxx, but it wouldn't work. It took
me almost a day to fiddle around with makefiles and such but I could
not make it work in the end.

Part of the problem seems to be that the PostgreSQL 8.0 beta 1
installation does not come with pg_config which is a shell script
under unix but does not run under Windows. Hence, the configuration
utility complains about pg_config not being available.

I tried it using cygwin and I tried it using MinGW/MSYS as well...

Could anyone who made it please just post the resulting dll or make it
somehow available? Any other help is appreciated as well.

I am fairly frustrated for now. I better go home now.
Thanks for any help.
Malte.