SQLDescribecol in driver 8.00.0100

Killerman

Mar 14, 2005, 7:33:59 AM3/14/05
Hello.

I have installed a PostgreODBC version 8.00.0100 on a Windows 2000
machine. I am using this driver to acess a PostgreSQL 7.3.4 database on
a Suse machine.

The database I am connecting to uses Latin1 encoding. Now, all the
"string" columns of this database area either "char" or "varchar".

My question is this: Why does the posgteodbc driver (version 8)
returns the type of the varchar columns as SQL_WVARCHAR when I call
SQLDescribecol.

I work with a number of other RDBMS's (Oracle, Db2, Informix, SQL
Server) and none of them does this.

Please tell me this is not by design and that this behaviour will
be corrected on future versions of the driver.

Thanks in advance.

Jorge Vergara.