Brisket Mix Onion Recipe Soup

Mitsuko Rinkenberger

Nov 30, 2023, 5:49:34 PM11/30/23
I made this recipe for Christmas Supper. My partner is Jewish and I was hoping to make something he remembered from his childhood.
The brisket was so tender it cut with a fork.
And the best thing was being told by my sweetheart is that it tasted exactly like his mother made.
I am a happy and blessed woman. Thank you so much for this recipe.

Yummmmmm. Thanks for this recipe. So much tastier than onion soup mix brisket! I think we have a new family recipe! Can you recommend a good electric knife? I struggled with my carving knife. I need power!

brisket mix onion recipe soup
Download Zip https://verposazsi.blogspot.com/?download=2wH9jr

I have not tried this brisket recipe but it sounds fantastic. My question is: could this same method be used to make beef short ribs or a pot roast? PS: Love your recipes and cookbook! You cook they way I do.

GREAT recipe! I have made it several times. I follow directions exactly- well, almost. I throw the garlic in with the onions for the last 5 minutes or so. I also suggest as Jenn does to serve on the second day. I put the sliced meat and carrots in a casserole dish and the sauce/onions in a separate taller one. Easier to let the fat rise from the sauce/onions to the top and scoop off the next day before reheating. HIGHLY recommended! I used to smother my brisket in BBQ sauce, catsup, broth, etc. Never again! Note: make sure you have a big enough pan/cast iron pot to handle slab. Gets pretty heavy so may need an extra pair of hands in the kitchen to get in and out of oven. I cook mine on 325 convection and lower to 275 after slicing. Timing just depends on how big the meat is. Lots of onions to chop so I throw them in the freezer for an hour. Helps reduce the tears!!!

My brisket came out of the oven and looked picture perfect. I left it covered and went for a walk. When I uncovered the brisket, I was shocked to see that many of the slices had turned dark brown. I tasted one slice and it was slightly dry. I went back and looked at the comments. Basting was mentioned. I realized that I had left that step out. It was not in the recipe, just in the photos. I removed the slices to a Pyrex dish and poured all the gravy on top. Do you think this will rejuvenate the meat? Also, can the basting direction be added to the actual recipe?

I dutifully took notes as she launched into a recipe. Like most cooking, making good brisket is all about ratio and technique. And like most grandmothers, mine had a magic touch. She could put any meat in the oven and it would come out delicious, and within her ratios, she improvised. Sometimes her brisket had orange juice, sometimes it had wine. Once she even used ketchup.

Another fantastic serving suggestion for this tender beef brisket recipe and a perfect excuse to make additional Yorkshire pudding popovers, is this popover stuffed brisket sandwich with the French onion braising liquid as an au jus dip. Leftovers were never more satisfying or delicious than this.

Another fantastic serving suggestion for this tender beef brisket recipe and a perfect excuse to make additional Yorkshire pudding popovers, is this popover stuffed brisket sandwich with the French onion braising liquid as an au jus dip. Leftovers were never more satisfying or delicious than this.

I roast or slow cook brisket at least two to three times a year. This recipe is not only simple but delicious. Five minute prep. Three hours in the oven and Wala, a brisket that is moist not dry and very tasty. The sum is definitely greater than its parts.

1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the meat fat-side up in a large Dutch oven. Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the meat. Cover with the chile sauce and 2 cups of water, or more if needed to almost cover the meat. Crush the garlic cloves and add to the liquid.

In a large sauté pan, heat the canola oil over medium heat until it shimmers. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes, then add the garlic and bay leaves and cook for 2 minutes longer. Season with the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in the 1 cup broth and mix well. Remove from the heat and whisk in the ketchup, mustard, onion soup mix, and Worcestershire sauce until fully incorporated.

Place the meat, fat side up, in a roasting pan or baking dish just large enough to accommodate it. Pour the onion sauce over the brisket and cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Place in the oven and cook for 2 hours. Reduce the oven temperature to 350F and continue to cook for 2 1/2 hours longer. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 325F. Remove the foil, spoon some of the sauce in the pan over the brisket, and return the pan to the oven, uncovered. Cook, basting the brisket every 10 minutes or so with the sauce, until the meat is tender when pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and let the brisket cool to room temperature in the pan.

But you know there are always going to be those hungry to jazz it up with all sorts of things, even that iconic onion soup mix. Nothing wrong with that; the results can be delicious, and the funnier fixings can pass into family lore.

Trim the excess fat from the brisket, especially around the point, or cap. Leave a layer of fat no more than inch thick. Place the meat, point side down, in a large roasting pan; roast in a 475-degree oven, turning halfway through the cooking, until thoroughly browned and crisp on both sides, about 1 hour. Add onions, scattering them around the brisket. Stir to coat the onions with the drippings, and scrape up any browned bits. Roast until the onions are soft, about 15 minutes.

Remove the pan from the oven; reduce the heat to 350 degrees. Add garlic and bay leaves to the pan. The brisket should be point side up. Pour in enough stock to reach about 1 inch up the sides of the brisket (about 2 cups), and stir to scrape up brown bits. Cover the pan tightly with a lid or heavy-duty foil; return it to the oven. Braise until very tender, about 3 hours. Check the meat every 30 minutes, and add stock as needed to keep the simmering juice about 1 inch deep and to keep the onions from burning. You may not need all 4 cups of stock; if you run out of stock, add water.

Remove the pan from the oven; transfer the brisket to a shallow pan or platter. Pour the pan juices and onions into a glass container. Add a little water to the pan, place over medium heat and stir, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom. Add these drippings to the container.

Let the meat and juices cool; preferably covered tightly in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, lift the congealed fat from the juices and discard. Spread a few spoonfuls of the jellied meat juices and onions over the bottom of an ovenproof rimmed platter or shallow 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Slice brisket; lay the meat slices, overlapping, on a platter. Scatter a few spoonfuls of the juices and onions over the meat and reheat, tightly covered, in a 325-degree oven until the brisket is heated through. Warm the extra pan juices and onions separately. Spoon some of them over the warm meat, and serve the remainder at the table.

5 pound first cut Brisket
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 packages Knorrs French onion soup mix
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup dark brown sugar

Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi French Onion Beef Brisket is one of the easiest ways to get that tender and juicy beef brisket you are wanting. The French onion adds so much flavor to the brisket, and creates a sauce to spoon over your brisket.

I have been making my stepmom's brisket pot roast with onion soup mix for almost 20 years...today I decided to try and cook it in the IP, and I found your recipe as a guide! This came out great! The only thing I would do different is maybe cook a bit longer, I did 75 minutes and the middle was still a little tough. Tasty though for sure! Thank you for helping me switch from my 5 hour process to a quicker one!!!

If baking in oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place brisket in a baking dish or casserole, spread onion mixture over the top, then pour sauce mixture over the entire dish. Cover tightly with foil bake until very tender but not falling apart, about 3 to 4 hours.

If making in a slow cooker (which I highly, highly recommend): Place brisket in a slow cooker, spread onion mixture over the top, then pour sauce mixture over the entire dish. Cover with the lid and cook it on LOW for 10 hours. (I like to start it before I go to bed, and process it in the morning to rest over the course of the day in the fridge.)

I agree, Brisket can do no wrong.I think I need to find more occasions in my life for brisket. I will have to try this recipe. Maybe in sandwich form. Maybe on an onion bun. With swiss. And a little horseradish mustard. yum.

This looks delicious.I am planning on making brisket for Easter[I grew up in India,so never had ham for Easter or brisket for that matter].Can you suggest some suitable side dishes for this brisket- all the recipes I looked online do not suggest any sides.
Thanks
Amy

I guess that I am going to finally have to try your brisket. It has to be very good for you to post 2 different recipes using the crockpot. It looks delicious. So Google Docs is how you stay so organized. I must give it a try.

That looks really mouthwatering! I tried a brisket recipe last December that included Allspice, chopped prunes, and cider vinegar. It was amazing! I left my sauce lumpy, and the sweet little pieces of prunes were a nice texture and flavour to bite into.

Oh my gosh, that looks so delicious! I tried making a brisket for my family one night.. what a disaster. But since it is spring, and my spririts are rejuvenated, I think I am ready to try your recipe above. It looks simple, better than what I tried before.

the only good thing that ever came from my wicked stepmother was her recipe for brisket: brown the meat, place it on a bed of onions and garlic, and pour over it a cup of heinz catsup mixed with a cup of cheap beer. cover and bake.
eebf2c3492