Fast bulk load with API?

tacho...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2005, 4:11:43 PM3/23/05
Hi all-

I have a windows service (like a Unix daemon) that loads flat files
into an 8.1.7 database. I use Oracle Objects for this, but it takes a
very long time, especially with CLOBs to do > 10,000 records. I would
use SQL Loader, but because this is a service, I can't spawn SQLLoader
to do the load for me.

Is there a SQLLoader-type API that I can call to do the same
functionality from within my program?

Thanks,

Ron

Jim Kennedy

Mar 23, 2005, 8:52:06 PM3/23/05

<tacho...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Are you using bind variables in your program? (and leaving the cursors
open) If not that is why performance sucks.
Jim