Help needed for Database Replication

Anshul Seth

Mar 23, 2005, 12:01:31 AM3/23/05
Hi All,

I am currently handling a J2EE application with the Application server
as Weblogic 7.0 SP2 and Database on Oracle 9.2.1.0.

The client wants to setup a test environment, and as the application
is mission-critical, it would be of great help if the production and
test DB are in sync in real-time.

Can any one of you please guide me on this issue?
I did read about Multi-Master Replication, but don't know much about
it.
If somebody has used it, please explain the steps, the problems and
roadblocks one generally faces while implementing it.

Also, my requirement is one way replication, i.e. from production to
test and not vice versa, not that the changes done in test should
reflect in the production.

Please guide.

Thanx.
Anshul Seth

jwarnick

Mar 24, 2005, 3:49:33 AM3/24/05
Check out Oracle Streams. It can handle one-way replication by
reading the archive logs and applying the changes to the downstream
(your test) database.