Problem in removing Oracle Reports Developer 6i

Satrajit

Sep 2, 2004, 8:10:42 AM9/2/04
Hi All,
I installed Oracle Reports Developer 6i in MS XP.Now, there seems
to be some sort of problem in the installation as TOAD is not starting
up and Oracle Forms is also not getting installed.
Can anyone help me in providing some information about the steps one
should take in removing reports and install Reports,Forms,TOAD afresh.

Thanks ..

Daniel Morgan

Sep 2, 2004, 11:00:10 PM9/2/04
Satrajit wrote:

1. Unless you have applied the most recent patches I doubt 6i is
certified to run with XP. And do you have XP Home or Pro?

2. Installing Reports does not intall Forms. Run the installer a
second time.

3. You provided not a bit of information on your Oracle version or
error messages so you are on your own with respect to TOAD.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

Mick Cooke

Sep 27, 2004, 6:31:05 PM9/27/04
Daniel Morgan <damo...@x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1094180468.700740@yasure>...

> Satrajit wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> > I installed Oracle Reports Developer 6i in MS XP.Now, there seems
> > to be some sort of problem in the installation as TOAD is not starting
> > up and Oracle Forms is also not getting installed.
> > Can anyone help me in providing some information about the steps one
> > should take in removing reports and install Reports,Forms,TOAD afresh.
> >
> > Thanks ..
>
> 1. Unless you have applied the most recent patches I doubt 6i is
> certified to run with XP. And do you have XP Home or Pro?
>
> 2. Installing Reports does not intall Forms. Run the installer a
> second time.
>
> 3. You provided not a bit of information on your Oracle version or
> error messages so you are on your own with respect to TOAD.

I have oracle 8.1.7 forms/reports 6i all running on windows XP home PC
with no problems at all.
to uninstall forms/reports6i you need to run the oracle installer and
remove all installed items - forms and reports require 2 seperate
uninstalls. you will probably then need to clear out all registry
entries relating to oracle.