Designer 2000 install problem

Keith Kwiatek

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
Hello Smart One,

I am trying to install the designer 2000 version 2.1 repository with my
Oracle 8.0.5 database....

I complete all the server steps and client steps...the designer 2000 client
"checks" are good (permissions/grants).....

BUT when I click on "install" to begin the last part of the installation
phase....I get the printouts BELOW ... how do I find out what table/view
"does not exist"? any thoughts about what is going on? How can I
trouble-shoot?

-----------
Connected to: Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
PL/SQL Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 942 encountered
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
IMP-00023: Import views not installed, please notify your DBA
IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully
-------------

Please email me at kkwi...@nist.gov

Thanks!

Keith

Van Nieuwenhuyse

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
Did you choose the 'USE ORACLE 8 connection'?

If you didn't designer will use imp73 as an import tool, needing
the import/export views from oracle 7.3.

Was catexp.sql executed on your server (normally it is at database
installation),
it's this script that creates the views for the import/export utilities.

>Hello Smart One,
>I am trying to install the designer 2000 version 2.1 repository with my
>Oracle 8.0.5 database....
>I complete all the server steps and client steps...the designer 2000 client
>"checks" are good (permissions/grants).....
>BUT when I click on "install" to begin the last part of the installation
>phase....I get the printouts BELOW ... how do I find out what table/view
>"does not exist"? any thoughts about what is going on? How can I
>trouble-shoot?

Frank van Bortel

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
Apart from that, you can install the Oracle7 as well as the Oracle8
import/export views;
just run CATEXP7 against the oracle8 rdbms - names are different, so it won't
harm
f.van.bortel.vcf

Keith Kwiatek

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
Thanks for responding... where do I choose "USE ORACLE 8"?

Keith

Van Nieuwenhuyse

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
In the first installation panel you have 'advanced options'
or something like that, sorry i've forgotten. Click it and a next panel
will appear, giving you the choose of oracle7 or oracle8.

Keith Kwiatek heeft geschreven in bericht <76vtje$aq8$1...@news.nist.gov>...