Limitations for downloaded versions ?

Fabrice Bachellerie

Jan 26, 2001, 7:16:32 AM1/26/01
Hi all,

I would like to know the limitations of the downloaded versions (Personal
Edition, Lite Edition or Enterprise Edition).

Is it a connexion limitatation, time, ... ?

Thank you

Fabrice

sybr...@my-deja.com

Jan 26, 2001, 8:32:23 AM1/26/01
In article <94rpo1$epsaa$1...@ID-70428.news.dfncis.de>,
None at all, except they will sue you if you use the sw commercially,
and they also don't provide support. Obviously, this ng is a kind of
replacement support for that situation.

Regards,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

All standard disclaimers apply

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Fabrice Bachellerie

Jan 26, 2001, 8:51:18 AM1/26/01
Thank you for your answer !

Is it possible for a company to use these versions to develop a new database
application and then to install the result into a real licenced oracle
database ?

My company sells development tools and I would like to be sure that our
clients can work like that.

Thanx,

Fabrice

<sybr...@my-deja.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Dmitry Pugachev

Jan 26, 2001, 9:58:25 AM1/26/01
Fabrice,

IMHO it is useless to give you an answer.
I would recommend to simply give a call to your nearest Oracle's office.

Hth,
Dmitry Pugachev, Oracle DBA

Fabrice Bachellerie <fbache...@scopeland.de> wrote:
94rv9l$e267g$1...@ID-70428.news.dfncis.de...

Brian Dick

Jan 26, 2001, 11:33:28 AM1/26/01
Since you are using the trial license for commercial gain, I would say you
are violating the license agreement.

"Fabrice Bachellerie" <fbache...@scopeland.de> wrote in message

Hans Forbrich

Apr 29, 2001, 11:09:23 PM4/29/01
The idea of the trial is to let you 'try it' to see if you should buy it. In
this case, Oracle has a better deal - check out the Technology Tracks at
http://otn.oracle.com/software/track.html where they actually ship the bundle of
CDs that are related, for your OS, specifically so you can legally develop.

You should contact Oracle - they will want to either create a partnership
allowing you to resell the database as part of your product or somehow tie
possible database sales with your product sales.

/Hans