NT Question

E0564

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
I want to run Oracle 8i and OAS 4 on my PC at home.

Can I run these two on NT workstation and how much memory am I likely to
need?

thanks in advance

k.vinayak

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99
Hi:

I think Oracle8i on NT is a bit costly affair. Though I haven't yet
tried it myself but fairly remember that minimum requirement specs is
about 128MB RAM and around 800MB of Disk space. Database Size extra. So
its bit out of the WorkStation Context.

HTH,
Vinayak
--
If trainstation is a place where trains stop, What's a workstation ?

In article <381DFF71...@tesco.net>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Peter Futter

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99
Another alternative is to run Personal Oracle which functions in place of
Oracle 8i server software for PC's. I have successfully done this with
Oracle 8.05 client on my PC at home. I believe the current release of
Personal Oracle is equivalent to Oracle8i. The system requirements can be
found on the Oracle home page.

k.vinayak <k_vi...@my-deja.com> wrote in message