Documentation of score

1 view

Martin Buhl

Jun 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/14/00
Hello everybody, how are you doing.

I would like to know if any of you wise guys could give me an
explenation of how the score of InterMedia(text) queries are
calculated. I have been looking in Technet and several books but I
haven't been able to find any proper description.

I have created indexes on several colums in a customer table. I want
to make a query with some fuzzy data (maybe the address has changed or
the name is misspelled). I want to use the score to do some statics
about what the probability is that the right customer has been found.

Has any of you done something similar or can you tell me where I can
find some proper documentation of score.

Regards:
Martin Buhl Rasmussen

Markus Schwabe

Jun 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/14/00
Hi Martin,

there IS documentation on technet of how the score is calculated:
http://technet.oracle.com/products/intermedia/htdocs/text_training_816/Samples/imt_815_techover.html

An excerpt from this doc:

<<snip>>

Score for each document is computed using the standard Salton formula:

3f(1+log(N/n))

Where f is the frequency of the search term in the document, N is the total number of rows in the
table, and n is the number of rows which contain the search term. This is converted into an integer
in the range 0 - 100.
Query operators like AND and OR operate on the scores of their operands.

<<snap>>

HTH
Markus

Martin Buhl <m...@bankinvest.dk> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: