How to add the TNS_ADMIN to Windows registry

sui...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

Hi:

Can anyone show me the step to add an entry to windows reistry for
TNS_ADMIN=d:\orant\network\admin, please?

--
Best regards,

Paul Koppens

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

Hi,

To make a registry entry:

1. Click Start;
2. Move to Run and click;
3. Enter regedit as the program to run;
4. Click OK;
5. Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE;
6. Click SOFTWARE;
7. Go to ORACLE (make sure you're in the main ORACLE branch);
8. From the menu, select Edit->New->String Value;
9. Name your new string value TNS_ADMIN;
10.From the menu, select Edit->Modify, and enter d:\orant\network\admin

But ..... you shouldn't be in need of this parameter: assuming that your
Oracle home is d:\orant, the search path for network configuration files
defaults to d:\orant\network\admin when no TNS_ADMIN parameter exists
(assuming the configuration files are not in d:\orant\bin).

Good luck,

Paul.

sui...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote in article
<6ng8m6$qp2$2...@news.sas.ab.ca>...

rNo

Jul 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/6/98

START button
RUN regedit
click down to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
|_ SOFTWARE
|_ ORACLE

There, through the menu:
EDIT
|_NEW String Value

TYPE TNS_ADMIN enter
double click on it and insert the path

Hope This Helps
Reno-DBA(or so)

domici...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2016, 10:05:03 PM12/16/16
Em quinta-feira, 2 de julho de 1998 04:00:00 UTC-3, Paul Koppens escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> To make a registry entry:
>
> 1. Click Start;
> 2. Move to Run and click;
> 3. Enter regedit as the program to run;
> 4. Click OK;
> 5. Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE;
> 6. Click SOFTWARE;
> 7. Go to ORACLE (make sure you're in the main ORACLE branch);
> 8. From the menu, select Edit->New->String Value;
> 9. Name your new string value TNS_ADMIN;
> 10.From the menu, select Edit->Modify, and enter d:\orant\network\admin
>
> But ..... you shouldn't be in need of this parameter: assuming that your
> Oracle home is d:\orant, the search path for network configuration files
> defaults to d:\orant\network\admin when no TNS_ADMIN parameter exists
> (assuming the configuration files are not in d:\orant\bin).
>
> Good luck,
>
> Paul.
>

> sui...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote in article
> <6ng8m6$qp2$2...@news.sas.ab.ca>...
> > Hi:
> >
> > Can anyone show me the step to add an entry to windows reistry for
> > TNS_ADMIN=d:\orant\network\admin, please?
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,

Paulo, teria como vc me ajudar a configurar o Pl/sql developer allround? Sou totalmente leigo nesse assunto, estou começando a estudar agora.

Mark D Powell

Dec 20, 2016, 10:29:01 AM12/20/16
On Thursday, July 2, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, sui...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Can anyone show me the step to add an entry to windows reistry for
> TNS_ADMIN=d:\orant\network\admin, please?
>
> --
> Best regards,

I agree with Paul. We have never had to place TNS_ADMIN in the Registry though we have added it to the Window's Environment Variables. Our Windows team pushed variable settings to the users so that a network drive location is used for the tnsnames.ora location. So we can make changes to one central located file and have the users pick it up on next use.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --