MySQl Output file

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Jul 1, 2020, 10:57:41 AM7/1/20
For now I put it into a directory called C:\sqlhold

When I didn't give a directory it doesn't even show up in windows search

The problem is that the place I wanted to put it in has spaces in the
directory name and it seems mysql will never accept this.

Any workarounds?

This is what I get for trying to neaten up my computer and moving things around

Much Obliged

- = -
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
facebook.com/vasjpan2 - linkedin.com/in/vasjpan02 - biostrategist.com

J.O. Aho

Jul 1, 2020, 1:13:07 PM7/1/20
On 01/07/2020 16.57, vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> For now I put it into a directory called C:\sqlhold
>
> When I didn't give a directory it doesn't even show up in windows search
>
> The problem is that the place I wanted to put it in has spaces in the
> directory name and it seems mysql will never accept this.
>
> Any workarounds?

Escape the spaces or use quotes should both work as far as I can recall.

--

//Aho

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Jul 2, 2020, 4:16:00 PM7/2/20
Doesn't and I found online it doesn't

I was hoping for dot ../../ or squiggle ~/ or %d

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Jul 2, 2020, 4:26:11 PM7/2/20

*+-I was hoping for dot ../../ or squiggle ~/ or %d0

Nope. They convert to the dir name and mysql complains ab spaces.

I guess I'm stuck with a new directory at the base of the disk.

J.O. Aho

Jul 2, 2020, 4:50:08 PM7/2/20
On 02/07/2020 22.26, vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> *+-I was hoping for dot ../../ or squiggle ~/ or %d0
>
> Nope. They convert to the dir name and mysql complains ab spaces.
>
> I guess I'm stuck with a new directory at the base of the disk.

This was fixed in mysql 5.1.50 back in 2012 to support basedir with
spaces. But then use a path without spaces.

--

//Aho

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Jul 4, 2020, 6:56:33 AM7/4/20

*+-This was fixed in mysql 5.1.50 back in 2012 to support basedir with
*+-spaces. But then use a path without spaces.

I might be older. I think i installed it about 2014

J.O. Aho

Jul 4, 2020, 10:34:17 AM7/4/20
On 04/07/2020 12.56, vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> *+-This was fixed in mysql 5.1.50 back in 2012 to support basedir with
> *+-spaces. But then use a path without spaces.
>
> I might be older. I think i installed it about 2014

I have an install from 2002, but thanks to normal system updates it runs
MariaDB 10.4.13.

--

//Aho