Error HY010

Tim Ritberg

Jun 10, 2020, 7:09:22 AM6/10/20
Hello!

MY friend has a program, which should connect to a mssql databbase on Linux.

This program failed with error "Error HY010"

Sql-command was: "select filename from model.dbo.sysfiles" and "function
sequence error"

Any ideas to fix that?

Tim

Tim Ritberg

Jun 10, 2020, 3:30:17 PM6/10/20
Am 10.06.20 um 13:09 schrieb Tim Ritberg:
SA-user solved the problem, but which permissions was missing for normal
user?

Tim

Erland Sommarskog

Jun 10, 2020, 3:56:51 PM6/10/20
Tim Ritberg (t...@server.invalid) writes:
> SA-user solved the problem, but which permissions was missing for normal
> user?

Plain users do normally not have permissions in model. You can add users
and grant permissions, but it is not a good idea. To wit, when you create
a new database, SQL Server copies the files for model. So if you had a user
to model, it will be in every database!

Tim Ritberg

Jun 11, 2020, 5:56:01 AM6/11/20
Am 10.06.20 um 21:56 schrieb Erland Sommarskog:
Maybe I could clone settings from local MS SQL EE installation with
ships with this software.

Tim

Erland Sommarskog

Jun 11, 2020, 2:41:00 PM6/11/20
Just to clarify: this is "problem" should not be fixed, unless there
is some very special reason. model is a very special database, and it is
very uncommon to run queries against it.

rja.ca...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2020, 3:30:36 PM6/11/20
Perhaps the intention is to run on a user database,
and "model" was chosen as an example.

If I'm following this, the specific statement is
looking for the file names in the filesystem that
contain the database data, and I wonder why you'd
want that from "model", which only exists so that
you can say "create database" and make a copy of it,
maybe on different filesystems. You would want to
back up model, I suppose. (People do that for me. :-)
(...I hope.)