"Could not update; currently locked by another session on this machine."

mz

Apr 12, 2021, 5:12:17 PMApr 12
Hello, I'm having this problem with macro in a sub form: "Could not update; currently locked by another session on this machine." It happens while button on click event runs macro, and in this macro I do RunDataMacro (nothing else), it is all quite simple. Yet it won't work. I've never seen this error\problem (and I playing with Access for past handful of years). I tested it on two machines, same problem. It's a single user database, with simple interface. Any idea what is causing this?

mz

Apr 13, 2021, 8:03:48 AMApr 13
EDIT: it is Data Action - Set Field producing this exception, it is triggered by the form button on click event with RunDataMacro which in the end does Set Field etc. It appears that Set Field works with any table field in that table except long text field type (the problem). It is not working even with form's: Record Locks set to No Locks, Allow Edits is set to Yes ... So my question is: are there functionality limitations with Data Action - Set Field run on Long Text fields?

Ron Paii

Apr 13, 2021, 8:43:26 AMApr 13

mz

Apr 13, 2021, 5:32:55 PMApr 13
Thank you, I never use MultiValue feature.

Ron Paii

Apr 14, 2021, 8:18:52 AMApr 14
I never used them either, but somehow a few of my tables had them and in late 2020 a Microsoft patch start causing the problem. Take a look at the tables involved to see if one of the fields is using MultiValue.