Access 2016 to Access 365

musicloverlch

May 17, 2021, 5:14:55 PMMay 17
Please let me know what your experience was like moving from Office 2016 to Office 365. Please tell me if was seamless.

Thanks,
Laura

Peter Jason

May 17, 2021, 6:57:10 PMMay 17
I have MSoft365 subscription.

The decor is sparse and clinical, with no way to soften or color
items. Check this with some one else's.
It is harder to find things with everything in black & white.

The Outlook365 freezes occasionally, then restarts after "sending info
to MSoft"

The Access365 Zoom box changes size all by itself until it fills the
whole screen. Use the MS Notepad instead.

There are few advantages at my useage level.

Neil

May 18, 2021, 10:33:52 AMMay 18
In my opinion, it largely depends on what you want to do. If you plan to
continue using your existing Access databases with no interface changes,
it should be seamless. There are new options such as Zoomboxes, but some
have experienced problems with them. I don't know whether the problems
are with the options or the users.

--
best regards,

Neil

Ron Weiner

May 18, 2021, 3:36:26 PMMay 18
oooopsie.... I am still using Office 2007. There is not much if
anything in the newer versions that I feel like I am missing. It did
recently start complaining that it was no longer supported, but frankly
Microsoft stopped providing reasonable support for their users in the
late 90's.

For me as a retiree hobbyist, that is mostly puttering around writing
apps for myself, I am standing pat.

Just today, I fired up VB6 (yes I am that old) and wrote a simple four
function calculator app that handles VERY large integers without ever
resorting to displaying the results in scientific notation. It can
easily handle integers that are well over a hundred digits long, so the
horror of your calculator of displaying your net worth in scientific
notation after entering a long column of numbers is now gone forever.
As a bonus it also displays the results in English words. So if you
ever have to cut a check for a few Quintillion you’re covered.

Rdub