Replacing a corrupted Query

Peter Jason

Jun 30, 2021, 3:05:56 AMJun 30
I suspect one of my queries is corrupted. Older ones from past
backups work well, so I ask if I can replace the newer corrupted ones
with the working older ones? How does one do this; is it just copy &
paste? These are update, select, delete & make-table queries.

Cindy Krist

Jun 30, 2021, 7:52:56 AMJun 30
Peter,
Go to a backup, display the query in SQL view, copy it.
Go to the production database, create a new query, view it in SQL, paste it.
If you go into Design view, you can move the tables around to make it more readable.
Regards,
Cindy

Peter Jason

Jun 30, 2021, 5:24:11 PMJun 30
Thank you Cindy, I'll report back with the results if any. There are
many many queries to check.
Peter

Auntie Jack

Jul 1, 2021, 2:00:18 AMJul 1
Alternatively, import the queries from the old database. If you have 2016 or 365, that would be: External Data \ New Data Source \ From Database \ Access, If you have quite a few queries to import, that will make it quicker. Also, if one or more is corrupted, then you will probably find that Access interrupts the import when it encounters the corrupt one. That can make it easier to spot where the error is.
Jack

Peter Jason

Jul 23, 2021, 3:24:40 AMJul 23
Thanks to all.

The problem was not a corrupted query. It was when I coasted products
in my 4-level BOM query I had neglected to filter out all levels
except 0. This fixed the problem of cost duplicates.

Thanks again.