Docmd.OutputTo freezes when trying to output to PDF

musicloverlch

Jan 20, 2021, 2:08:28 PMJan 20
I am running Access 2016 and when I try to use Docmd.OutputTo it freezes. Apparently, this is a known issue, but I can't find a solution after a long Google search.

This is the code line it freezes on:

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptAuthorization Formv2", "PDFFormat(*.pdf)", "G:\" & Foldername & "\Documents\Authorization Form.pdf", False, ""

I am running MS Office 2016 Professional Plus. A lot of my research says it occurs when Office 365 is installed at the same time as Office 2016, which is not my configuration.

If you have any ideas on what to try (other than repair, I already did that) then please, please let me know. Thanks!

Laura

Ron Paii

Jan 21, 2021, 8:22:40 AMJan 21
Started see something like that in 2019. Solved it by previewing the report before outputting it.

Echo False
DoCmd.OpenReport "rptAuthorization Formv2", acViewPreview
DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, "rptAuthorization Formv2"
DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptAuthorization Formv2", acFormatPDF, "G:\" & Foldername & "\Documents\Authorization Form.pdf"
DoCmd.Close acReport, "rptAuthorization Formv2"
Echo True

musicloverlch

Feb 5, 2021, 3:10:35 PMFeb 5
OMG! Thank you!