Opening an old sample of Access97 with MSoft Access365.

Peter Jason

Aug 27, 2021, 7:18:59 PM8/27/21
I seek an example of an MSoft Access Bill of Materials (three levels)
software.

I think I found one, but it's for Access97 and cannot be opened in
Access MSoft 365.

Is there some way to fix this?

Please help since I'm hopeless with self-join queries.

Martin Hungerford

Aug 29, 2021, 6:48:31 PM8/29/21
The best bill of materials I've seen was in Celko's "SQL for Smarties" -but if you do not like self-join queries you will have trouble. Why does the A97 file not open?

Regards,
Martin

DiW

Jan 8, 2022, 10:30:58 PM1/8/22
Am 28.08.21 um 01:18 schrieb Peter Jason:
Hi Peter,
you must have at least one Pc or virtual machine with an older Access.
The last version which was able to open ACC97 without problems is 2007,
maybe 2010.
So your steps should be:
- open the DB with Acc2003 and save in this 2003-format as mdb
OR
- open with Acc2007 so you can save to accdb.
This File is than readable from Acc2013 and higher.

Greetings
Dirk