cron problem with ingres

by way of jfd@gugu.usal.es (Juan Forcadell Duran)

Jun 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/1/95
The problem is that I can't use the "cron sentence" with ingres
orders (in fact with unloaddb neather and no one else).
The mistake is:

> INGRES TERMINAL MONITOR -- Copyright (c) 1981, 1992 Ingres Corporation
> ERlookup: Error accessing message text:
> For unknown reasons.
> Check messages files in the installation.
> Internal error. Report this problem to your technical representative.
>
> INGRES ERROR: 9961473
> ERget: Not found internal message.ERget: Not found internal message.ERget:
> Not found internal message.ERget: Not found internal message.

It could be that I missing some environment variable?
Which?
And what value it have to be?

The computer is Data General. AVIION 8500
S.O. UNIX 5.4R2.10
D.B. Ingres 6.4R0.2

Thanks in advanced. Juan .
Salamanca University. Spain.

salmon is expensive but patience is a virtue

deepu...@st.com

Jun 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/1/95

--Boundary (ID RcbDA+Mu/1PtP2zGYXPqpw)

Yes, you are right. The Ingres environment variable II_SYSTEM should be set when
you are executing your application through cron.

For information of setting this variable refere to the I/O guide or page D-22 of
the Ingres Datbase Administrator's guide.

Hope it helps.

GD Madan
--------

--Boundary (ID RcbDA+Mu/1PtP2zGYXPqpw)

FROM: ingres/OU=internet/DD.HPMEXT1=ingres#a#gugu#f#usal#f#es@sgpgtw
TO: INFO-...@MATH.AMS.ORG

--Boundary (ID RcbDA+Mu/1PtP2zGYXPqpw)

--Boundary (ID RcbDA+Mu/1PtP2zGYXPqpw)--

Peter Graham

Jun 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/2/95
Also note that cron jobs are run under sh, not csh. If your environment
is set up in a .profile file, it won't be executed by the cron shell.

Peter Graham

droe...@msr.hp.com (Dennis Roesler) wrote:
>by way of j...@gugu.usal.es (Juan Forcadell Duran) (ing...@gugu.usal.es) wrote:
>: The problem is that I can't use the "cron sentence" with ingres

>: orders (in fact with unloaddb neather and no one else).
>: The mistake is:
>
>: > INGRES TERMINAL MONITOR -- Copyright (c) 1981, 1992 Ingres Corporation
>: > ERlookup: Error accessing message text:
>: > For unknown reasons.
>: > Check messages files in the installation.
>: > Internal error. Report this problem to your technical representative.
>: >
>: > INGRES ERROR: 9961473
>: > ERget: Not found internal message.ERget: Not found internal message.ERget:
>: > Not found internal message.ERget: Not found internal message.
>

>: It could be that I missing some environment variable?
>: Which?
>: And what value it have to be?
>
>: The computer is Data General. AVIION 8500
>: S.O. UNIX 5.4R2.10
>: D.B. Ingres 6.4R0.2
>

>: Thanks in advanced. Juan .
>: Salamanca University. Spain.
>:
>: -------------------------------------------------
>: salmon is expensive but patience is a virtue
>: -------------------------------------------------
>

> It looks as if II_SYSTEM isn't set and the ingres message files
> can't be found. I'm not familiar with the Data General but, if
> these cron jobs are being run as root make sure that the ingres
> installation stuff is in root's path.
> Or else you could put an su - ingres -c "command/script to run"
> as a root crontab entry.
>
> Dennis

Dennis Roesler

Jun 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/2/95

gbull

Jun 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/2/95
Peter Graham <t...@bnr.ca> wrote:

> Also note that cron jobs are run under sh, not csh. If your environment
> is set up in a .profile file, it won't be executed by the cron shell.
>
> Peter Graham

Unless you prefix the call with the execution of your .profile:

20 06 01 * * . .profile;script

or, force the use of c-shell in your scripts using:

#! /bin/csh

as the first line in the script.

Jerry.