accessdb

10 праглядаў
Перайсці да першага непрачытанага паведамлення

Rich Ford

не прачытана,
1 сне 2021 г., 17:36:481.12.21
да
Do I need to have root privs in order to run accessdb?

accessdb
Absolute path to 'accessdb' is '/usr/sbin/accessdb', so running it may require superuser privileges (eg. root).

Thanks,
Rich

Karl Schendel

не прачытана,
1 сне 2021 г., 17:52:091.12.21
да Rich Ford,info-...@lists.planetingres.org
That appears to be the wrong accessdb.

The one you want is in $II_SYSTEM/ingres/bin, and does not need root privs.
(It's actually a shellscript that runs ingcntrl -m

Karl

Paul White

не прачытана,
1 сне 2021 г., 17:52:111.12.21
да info-...@lists.planetingres.org
Hi Rich,

In my experience, accessdb is found in the Ingres installation directory.

$ echo $II_SYSTEM
/home/ingres/IngresII
$ ls -l /home/ingres/IngresII/ingres/bin/accessdb
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 ingres ingres 299 Apr  9  2019
/home/ingres/IngresII/ingres/bin/accessdb
$ echo $PATH
/home/ingres/IngresII/ingres/bin:/home/ingres/IngresII/ingres/utility:/home/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/home/utils:/home/ingres/.local/bin:/home/ingres/bin
$

It is usually run by the installation owner Ingres or by any user with
as DBA security permissions.

Paul

Paul White<br>
Shift Seven Solutions<br>
p: 0754482137<br>
e: paul....@shift7solutions.com.au<br>
w: https://www.shift7solutions.com.au<br>
International: +61414681799<br>

Steve

не прачытана,
4 сне 2021 г., 01:27:304.12.21
да
Hi Rich

It seems the accessdb you were inadvertently trying to run is a Linux command not related to Ingres.

https://linuxcommandlibrary.com/man/accessdb

I have a similar issue with the createdb command in my installation (it finds the Postgres createdb command), indicating my PATH environment variable needs to be tweaked so $II_SYSTEM/ingres/bin and $II_SYSTEM/ingres/utility are searched earlier.

Steve
0 новых паведамленняў