OpenIngres

Rich Ford

May 19, 2022, 8:41:46 AMMay 19
Is OpenIngres still available?

I've been doing research and appears that it is not but wanted to verify.

Rich

Roy Hann

May 19, 2022, 11:07:06 AMMay 19
Rich Ford wrote:

> Is OpenIngres still available?
>
> I've been doing research and appears that it is not but wanted to verify.

Do you literally mean OpenIngres as in OI 1.1 and 1.2, released by
Computer Associates in 1995?

Good luck with that, in all possible ways.

Or do you want one of the open-source (GPL) versions of Ingres?

That is available in source form on GitHub:
https://github.com/fosslc/Ingres

If you want an executable I (or someone else) can probably dig up a
build for Linux or Windows for you.

You should be aware there are restrictions on running fully-licensed
Actian products in the same environment as the GPL version. Check your
Actian End-User Licence Agreement to see what you're allowed to do.

Roy

Rich Ford

May 19, 2022, 11:11:34 AMMay 19
Yes meant the open-source. This is good.
Thanks,
Rich

Rich Ford

May 19, 2022, 12:01:26 PMMay 19
Is this repo maintained as the last update is from 2010.

Rich

Roy Hann

May 19, 2022, 12:27:02 PMMay 19
Rich Ford wrote:

> On Thursday, 19 May 2022 at 08:11:34 UTC-7, Rich Ford wrote:
>
> Is this repo maintained as the last update is from 2010.

Nope.

Roy